Valuation Appeal Process
Following your feedback we have made an improvement to the process for intermediary customers appealing valuations on the property they are purchasing or remortgaging.
Please note that an appeal on a remortgage can only be considered where the valuation figure has materially affected your customer’s application and the valuer has not physically visited your customer’s property as part of their remortgage application.
A material affect is where the required loan amount is no longer achievable or where the new LTV affects the chosen product.
If you need to appeal a valuation you should fully complete the valuation appeals form (PDF, 66kB). Incomplete forms cannot be considered for an appeal and will be automatically returned.
To allow us to consider the appeal, please send the following information and/or documentation:
- Evidence of three comparable property sales, ideally within the last six months. This should include the sales figure, date of completion, full address of the properties, name of the estate agents that sold the properties and details of how the properties compare with the subject property in terms of size, age, condition and the distance from that subject property must be provided.
- The evidence for the comparable property should include confirmation of the sale price and date of sale from the estate agents.
- It is not acceptable for an estate agent to provide an estimated asking price if the property were to be put on the market for sale.
- We will not accept the use of a customer's own valuation (prepared by another valuer) in place of our valuation.
- For new build properties, any evidence provided must be directly comparable and where 'incentives' have been provided by the house builder, these should be clearly documented.
- Where available provide a web site link to each comparable.
- For remortgage properties, details of any improvements or alterations made to the property since it was purchased by your customer (e.g. extension, conservatory, loft conversion) that may have positively affected the value.
- The form and supporting documentation should be emailed to ValuationAppeals@lloydsbanking.com
You are responsible for gathering and preparing the required documentation. If the required information is not provided, the appeal will be returned and you will be asked to resubmit it.
The outcome of the appeal will be communicated to you by email.
If the original valuation is upheld no further appeal is available.
At Halifax Intermediaries, we're committed to making it easier for you to do business.