Changes to non-UK nationals policy
From Wednesday 24 January, we are reducing the minimum income requirement that is applied as part of our non-UK criteria, which means some additional customers can be considered for a mortgage without a requirement for proof of permanent right to reside.
The minimum income requirement will now be:
- Sole applicant with an income of £75,000 or more OR
- Joint applicants where one applicant has an income of £75,000 or more, or where the combined income of both applicants is £100,000 or more
- Additionally, we will now use the total of all earned incomes towards this income requirement.
As before proof of permanent right to reside is not required for any non-UK nationals where:
- The customer (or either customer on a joint application) has lived in the UK for more than 5 years OR
- Loan to Value is lower than or equals 75% OR
- The customer(s) meet the minimum income requirement.
Our website Criteria Non UK Nationals section will be updated Wednesday 24 January.